Выпишите слова, имеющие окончание -s и определите по грамматическим признакам, какой частью речи являются эти слова, и какую функцию выполняет окончание -s: а) показатель третьего лица единственного числа глагола в Present Indefinite/Simple; б) показатель множественного числа имени существительного; в) показатель притяжательного падежа имени существительного. Переведите предложения на русский язык. 1. Students receive credits according to their performance in individual courses 2. You can also get a Masters degree by doing a one year course 3. This student choose the University of Edinburgh 4. A bachelors degree is not always required for this career 5. Most programmes are set by the universities
Exercise №1 Put the verbs in brackets into the past perfect simple or past perfect continuous. Dialog 1. Speaker1 : Are you alright? You look tired. Speaker 2: Yes I am. I didn’t sleep very well. I 1) had just gone to sleep last night when a lot of noise woke me up. I got up and went to the window. I 2). (stand) there for a few minutes when two police cars stopped outside my house. I went downstairs and a policeman told me that two prisoners 3). (escape) from prison and were hiding in the area. Speaker 1 : Did they catch them again? Speaker 2 : Yes, but I didn’t sleep very well after that. Dialog 2. Speaker1 : Did you do anything exciting at the weekend? Speaker 2 : Not really. By the time I 1). (do) my shopping and cleaned the house, Saturday was nearly over. What about you? Speaker1 : Well, I 2). (plan) to go out with my friend but she was late and I 3). (wait) for nearly two hours before she phoned me to say she couldn’t come after all. Speaker 2 : That’s a shame. next weekend, we should go somewhere nice together. Exercise №2 Put the verbs in brackets into the past perfect simple or past perfect continuous. 1. Julia wanted to sit down as she. (stand) at work all day long. 2. They. (decorate) the New Year tree before the children arrived. 3. Bob. (eat up) all the muffins by lunchtime. 4. My sister. (do) the laundry since early morning. 5. I knew that our parents. (grow) melons in their greenhouse since they bought the house. Exercise №3 Put the verbs in bold into appropriate tense. 1. to listen My head hurt because I. to music for three hours. – I knew the names of the robbers because I. to the news on TV. 2. to build They. a new school for six months when there was an earthquake. – They. a new block of flats by December.
41. Open the brackets using Future Indefinite, Future Continuous, Future Perfect.
1. I (to do) my homework tomorrow. 2. When you (to come) to my place tomorrow, I (to read) your book. I (to do) my homework by the time you come. 3. Don’t come to my place tomorrow. I (to write) a composition the whole evening. 4. What you (to do) tomorrow? 5. What you (to do) at eight o’clock tomorrow. 6. You (to do) this work by next Sunday? 7. When you (to go) to see your friend next time? 8. How many pages you (to read) by the evening? 9. Tomorrow I (not to go) to the cinema. 10. I (to begin) doing my homework as soon as I come from school. I (to do) my homework from three till six. My father (to come) home at six o’clock. I (to do) all my homework by the time he comes and we (to go) for a walk together.
Закончите фразы применяя Future Simple и т. П
1.if the weather is nice,
2.if I win some money, I will.
3.I will get really happy if you.
4.I will drive to work if.
5.if I pass my exams, I will.
6.Ill start to learn French if.
7.if become invisible,
8.if dont have breakfast tomorrow morning,
9.If I get up early tomorrow,
10.if I go to the university,
11.I will swim in the sea if.
12.if I go to the cinema,
Преобразуйте следующие предложения в Past Simple
1. Many people have an opportunity to use computers.
2. There is no doubt that computers solve problems very quickly.
3. Instructions direct the operation of a computer.
4. Computers bring with them both economic and social changes.
5. Computing embraces not only arithmetics, but also computer literacy.
6. It is well known that computers prepare laboratory tests.
7. Those persons are computer literate and think of buying a new computer.
8. They receive a subscription magazine once a month.
9. My mother is ill and visits her doctor every other day.
10. Experts know much about how to prepare programs.
Open the brackets the correct tense Indefinite/Past Perfect. write down the sentencesin your exercise book. 1. When the delegation(to arrive) at the conference, the journalists already(to take) their places in the hall. 2. When the secretary(to get) fax, the boss(to go) home. 3. The Chinese(to inventy) paper earlier than the Europeans. 4. We(to write) the article when Mike(to bring) new information 5. The city(to learn) about a new exhibition from morning newspapers. 6. l (to read) the book before I(to watch) the film. 7. She(to understand) that she never(to see) such a beautiful picture before.
Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Perfect или Past Simple.
1. It (to be) very cold yesterday. 2. When you (to
meet) him? 3. I (not to see) him since 2006.
many mushrooms you (to gather? 5. Where you (to
put) the newspaper? I want to read it, but cannot find
it anywhere. 6. The new school (to begin) working
last year. 7. At last I (to do) all my homework: now
I shall go out.
8. The building of the house (to be-
gin) early in April. 9. The rain (to stop) but a cold
wind is still blowing. 10. wwe already (to Solve) the
problem. 11. Не (to come) a moment ago. 12. I never
(to speak) to him. 13. Не just (to finish) his work.
14. You (to make) any spelling mistakes in your
dictation? 15. What books you (to read) when you (to
live) in the country? 16. They (not yet to come) from
the south. 17. Не (to be) ill last week, but now he (to
recover) 18. If everybody (to read) this new novel,
lets discuss it. 19. You (to book) tickets?
I (to book) them several days ago, 20. I can
hardly recognize you. I (not to see) you since you
(to leave) for Moscow. And you (to change) so much.
21. You (to read) all the books on this shel?
99 T (not to see) m y cousin since last vear
you (to put) these things in the wrong place?
24. why you (to leave) the door open? You will catch
25 *we (not to meet)
I answered, *and we both (to grow)
Open the brackets using Present Continuous.
1 Please don’t make so much noise. I (try) to work.
2 Let’s go out now. It (not rain) any more.
3 What he (do) here? – He is my close friend. We (prepare) for our test.
4 The weather (get) better. I can see the sun in the sky. Hopefully, my school friends and I will go for a walk today.
5You can turn off the radio. I (not listen) to it.
6 My best friend Tim (not work) today. He’s taken the day off.
7 Can you call back later, please? I (have) lunch now.