29. Поставьте глаголы, стоящие в скобках, в требуемом по смыслу времени.
1. The ship (to go) to the north when a storm (to break) out. 2. By this time next year you (to graduate) from the University. 3. He (to become) a doctor now. 4. They (to drive) at about ninety miles an hour when the accident (to happen). 5. Although the weather (to be) fine during the last few days, this spring is not a good one on the whole. 6. When I (to get) to the station, I (to learn) that the bus (to leave) a few minutes before. 7. He generally (to play) baseball very well, but today he (to play) very badly. 8. All last week he (to prepare) for the exam. 9. That man (to teach) in this school since 1992. 10. Water (to change) into ice when the temperature (to drop) below zero. 11. We (to see) your brother two years ago, but we not (to see) him since then. 12. It (to rain) every day since we (to come) here. 13. When we (to reach) the wood, we (to find) that a party of strangers (to occupy) the spot which we (to choose) for our picnic. 14. Kindly repeat what you just (to say). 15. I only (to succeed) in solving tie problem after I (to work) on it for several hours. 16. He reminded me that we (to be) classmates at school. 17. My brother (to remain) in Saratov till the end of the war. 18. I (to hear) that you (to give) up the idea of studying French. 19. Up to now I not (to hear) anything from him. 20. He (to be) a correspondent for The Times since 1981. 21. Come to my room as soon as you (to return). 22. I (to know) him ever since we (to be) children. 23. I shall cash the cheque as soon as the bank (to be) open. 24. He said he (to reach) home by midnight 25. By the time he is thirty he (to become) a great pianist. 26. He (to shrug) his should (to shake) his head, but (to say) nothing. 27. Dima (to go) to St. Petersburg last year and (to work) there since then. 28. When I get back, they probably (to have supper). 29. He wanted to go to the Far East as he never (to be) there.
1. was, broke
4. were driving, happened
5. has been
6. got, learned, had
7. plays, is playing
9. has been teaching
10. changes, drops
11. saw, have not seen
12. has been raining, came
13. reached, found, had occupied, had chosen
14. you have just said
15. succeeded, had worked
16. had been
17. remained, had recovered, had received
18. heard, had given up
19. have not heard
20. has been
21. return. 22. have known, were23. is open 24. had reached25. will have become26. shrugged, shook, said27. went, has been working 28. will probably be having supper29. had never been
Поставьте глагол в скобках в нужную форму сослагательного наклонения. Перепишите предложения, переведите их на русский язык.
1. If the government hadnt introduced the tax incentive scheme, we (face) serious financial difficulties.
2. We would have to reduce our workforce if the bank (refuse) to extend our credit.
3. I’ll give you the report on condition ( that) you ( return) it next week.
4. If I ( know) his language, I would speak to him.
5. If he ( not, work) hard, he wouldn’t have made progress
1. If the government hadnt introduced the tax incentive scheme, we would have faced serious financial difficulties. Если бы правительство не ввело налоговые льготы, мы бы столкнулись с серьезными финансовыми трудностями.
2. We would have to reduce our workforce if the bank refused to extend our credit. Нам пришлось бы сократить нашу рабочую силу, если бы банк отказывался продлевать наш кредит.
3. I’ll give you the report on condition ( that) you return it next week. Я дам тебе доклад при условии, что ты вернешь его на следующей неделе.
4. If I knew his language, I would speak to him. Если бы я знал его язык, я бы поговорил с ним.
5. If he hadnt worked hard, he wouldn’t have made progress. Если бы он не работал упорно, он бы не добился прогресса.