"We start for Dover and Calais in ten minutes". A puzzled grin spread across the valet’s round face. Clearly he had not understood. "Monsieur is going to leave home?" enquired Passepartout.
"Yes," returned Phileas Fogg. "We are off around the world!"
The valet’s eyes opened wider as he raised his eyebrows and held up his hands in astonishment. "Around the world?"
Переведите предложения в косвенную речь так, как это показано в примере. 1. "I want to attend a U.S. university," John said. John said that he wanted to attend a U.S. university. 76 2. "I am looking for a program in computer science," John said. 3. "I sent away for the program description," John said. 4. "I havent filled out the application form yet," John said. 5. "I will apply for my visa tomorrow," John said. 6. "I had been writing for two hours when the electricity went out," John said. 7. "My academic counsellor can help me with the paperwork," John said. 8. "The Consul may be available now," the receptionist said. (possibility) 9. "You may go in now," the receptionist said. (permission) 10. "You must bring 3 photographs," the receptionist said.
1. Перепишите предложения в косвенной речи.
1) “I have got a scholarship!” said Mike happily.
2) “Please, hand in your test papers,” said our Professor.
3) A freshman said, “I don’t have any friends at the University.”
4) “Do you take notes of the lectures?” asked my tutor.
5) “What university are you going to enter?” my school teacher asked me.
6) My friend said, “I failed the exam.”
7) My mother asked, ‘When will you come back from the University?’
2. Переведите из косвенной речи в прямую.
1) I asked him if he was going to enter any university.
2) Bill wanted to know when Olivia had moved in the hostel.
3) Mary asked me whether I wanted to go to canteen or not.
4) She said that she would be back at noon to discuss her time-table.
5) My friend told me that he was going to retake the exam.
6) My teacher asked me not to forget and write my essay.
Перевести в косвенную речь: 1) How long have you been in the world of fashion?
2) When did you start working in fashion?
3) How did is start?
4) What do you like about your work?
5) What dont you like about your work?
6) Is it important to be trendy?
7) What is your advice how to look good and feel good?
Переведите прямую речь в косвенную Хотябы половину, надо)
— Youve got to wear a dress!
— I dont have to!
— Its our family reunion, and I dont want you to look like too wild!
— Fine, then Ill just stay at home!
— Youre going and thats final! I insist that you go to the party with me!
— I dont even have a dress to wear.
— Yes, you do. What about the black velvet one your grandmother gave you for your birthday?
— Its too square, too conservative. Everyone will laugh.
— Everyone will think you look lovely.
— Oh, great. lovely Just how I want to look!
— Its almost time to leave. I think youd better get ready.
— Whos going to be there?
— Well, the same people as last year: your cousins, your grandparents. and. of course, great-grandmother Schuller.
— Great-grandmother Schuller! Shes so old. All she does is sit in her wheelchair and watch us. She gives me the creeps (у меня от нее мороз по коже).
— Carrie, this is a special party. Cant you forget about yourself? Do you think that just because youre young and pretty, you are better than old people? Well. 1 have something to tell you, young lady. Beauty is as beauty does, and I havent seen any sign of beauty in you for a long time. Now go to your room and get dressed.