Fill in the following blanks using the correct forms of the verbs in brackets.Use simple present, simple past, present continuous, past continuous or future tense. 1. He usually (wake) up at 6 oclock. 2. They (have) breakfast at the moment. 3. He (buy) a new bicycle yesterday. 4. When I (see) him, he (study) English. 5. We (live) in Fatih. 6. I (do) my Turkish homework tonight. 7. Be careful! Somebody (follow) us. 8. My father never (drink) before he (go) to bed. 9. Where you (go) last Sunday? 10. I hate him. I (not talk) to him again. 11. Dont worry. I (phone) you when he (come) . 12. I (not see) them last night. 13. While the man (repair) my radio, his son (play) with the tools. 14. He (go) mosque every Friday. 15. I (have) lunch with the new director tomorrow. 16. As I (swim) , it (start) to rain. 17. Please (call) me when the news (start) . 18. he (pack) his suitcases yesterday? 19. he always (start) work so late? 20. they still (wait) for me? 21. He (sell) his car last Sunday. 22. He never (have) breakfast at home. 23. I (visit) my grandparents next week. 24. She (not drink) tea in the evening.
1. He usually (wakes) up at 6 oclock. 2. They (are having) breakfast at the moment. 3. He (bought) a new bicycle yesterday. 4. When I (saw) him, he (was studying) English. 5. We (live) in Fatih. 6. I (am doing) my Turkish homework tonight. I (will do) my Turkish homework tonight. 7. Be careful! Somebody (is following) us. 8. My father never (drinks) before he (goes) to bed. 9. Where did you (go) last Sunday? 10. I hate him. I (will not talk) to him again. 11. Dont worry. I (will phone) you when he (comes). 12. I (did not see) them last night. 13. While the man (was repairing) my radio, his son (was playing) with the tools. 14. He (goes) mosque every Friday. 15. I (am having) lunch with the new director tomorrow. 16. As I (was swimming), it (started) to rain. 17. Please (call) me when the news (starts). 18. Did he (pack) his suitcases yesterday? 19. Does he always (start) work so late? 20. Are they still (waiting) for me? 21. He (sold) his car last Sunday. 22. He never (has) breakfast at home. 23. I (will visit) my grandparents next week.I (am visiting) my grandparents next week. 24. She (does not drink) tea in the evening.
1 wakes 2 are having 3 bought 4 saw-was studying 5 live 6 am doing 7 is following 8 drinks-goes 9 where did you go 10 won’t talk 11 will phone-comes 12 didn’t see 13 was repairing-was playing 14 goes 15 am having 16 was swimming-began 17 call-starts 18 did he pack 19 Does he always start 20 are they still waiting 21 sold 22 has 23 will visit 24 doesn’t drink
Put the verbs in brackets into the Past Simple or the Past Continuous. 1. (you/watch) the film when the phone. (ring)? 2. Jonh. (see) a bright light as he. (walk) down the street. 3. The baby. (not/sleep) when Grandpa. (arrive). 4. While he. (travel) on the bus to work, he. (remember) that it was his wifes birthday. 5. (the children/study) while their nanny. (prepare) dinner?
Put the words in brackets into the past simple or the past continuous. 1 (you/watch) the film when the phone (ring)? 2 John (see) a bright light as he (walk) down the street. 3 The baby (not/sleep) when Grandpa (arrive). 4 While he (travel) on the bus to work, he (remember) that it was his wifes birthday. 5 (the children/study) while their nanny (prepare) dinner? 6 While you (be) out, the postman came and (deliver) these letters
1. Translate the sentences into Russian. 1. If the weather is fine tomorrow, we shall go to the picnic. 2. He would help you do this translation if you asked him 3. It would be wonderful if Ann were here with us. 4. It would not do you any harm if you did this exercise a second time. 5. If my grandfather had had a chance to study, he would have been a great man. 6. The teacher suggested that we should go to the museum next week. 2. Fill each blank space with the word formed from the word in the capitals. 1. POLLUTE Most of the … in big cities comes from cars. 2. ENVIRONMENT The result of the … crisis is that in many parts of the Earth humans are beginning to suffer from shortages of food and clean water to survive. 3. BUY If people avoided … packaged goods there would be less litter thrown by them. 4. USE I’m not … to having breakfast alone. 5. ECOLOGY If we want to protect our environment, lots of things should be changed in our life, but first of all we should improve … education. 3. Put the verbs in brackets into the gaps. Form a Conditional sentence - type II and III. 1) If they (to have) enough money, they (to buy) a new car. 2) If you (to do) a paper round, you (to earn) a little extra money. 3) If Michael (to get) more pocket money, he (to ask)Doris out for dinner. 4) If we (to hurry), we (to catch) the bus. 5) If it (to rain), Nina (to take) an umbrella with her. ) I … (visit) Sarah yesterday if I … (know) that she was ill. 7) If you … (go) with me to Paris last month, you … (see) the Eifel Tower too. 8) We … (not get wet) if you … (take) an umbrella. 9) If Mum … (not open) the windows, our room … (not be) full of mosquitoes. 10) Nick … (not be) so tired this morning if he … (go to bed) early last night. 4. Complete each sentence with one of the words (phrases) below: 1. Environment / environmental 1) They have many. problems in their city. 2) To protect the. is our main task nowadays. 2. Protection / protective / protect 1) We must. our Earth. 2) He wears. clothing as he is a fireman. 3). of nature is very importang. 3. Pollute / polluted / pollution 1) The air is. by gases in the city. 2) People. the ground throwing away litter. 3) What do you know about the. of rivers and seas?
1. Перевести предложения на русский язык. 1. Если завтра будет хорошая погода, мы пойдем на пикник. 2. Он поможет Вам сделать этот перевод, если вы попросите его3. Было бы замечательно, если бы Энн была здесь с нами. 4. Это не навредит вам, если вы сделали это упражнение во второй раз. 5. Если бы у моего дедушки был шанс учиться, он был бы великим человеком. 6. Учитель предложил сходить в музей на следующей неделе. 2. Заполните каждый пробел словом, сформированным из слова в столицах. 1. ЗАГРЯЗНЯТЬБольшинство. В больших городах происходит от автомобилей. 2. ОКРУЖАЮЩАЯ СРЕДАРезультатом. Кризиса является то, что во многих частях Земли люди начинают страдать от нехватки продовольствия и чистой воды, чтобы выжить. 3. КУПИТЬЕсли бы люди избегали. Упакованных товаров, они бы выбросили меньше мусора. 4. ИСПОЛЬЗОВАТЬЯ не буду. Завтракать в одиночестве. 5. ЭКОЛОГИЯЕсли мы хотим защитить нашу окружающую среду, многое должно быть изменено в нашей жизни, но прежде всего мы должны улучшить. Образование. 3. Поместите глаголы в скобки в пробелы. Сформировать условное предложение-типа II и III.1) Если у них (чтобы иметь) достаточно денег, они (чтобы купить) новый автомобиль. 2) Если вы (чтобы сделать) бумажный раунд, вы (чтобы заработать) немного дополнительных денег. 3) Если Майкл (достать)больше карманных денег, он (попросить) Дорис на ужин. 4) Если мы (спешить), то мы (поймать) автобус. 5) если оно (к дождю), Нина (взять) зонтик с собой. Я. (навестить) Сару вчера, если я. (знаю), что она была больна. 7) Если вы. (идите) со мной в Париж в прошлом месяце, вы. (см. ) Башня Эйфель тоже. 8) мы. (не промокайте) если вы. (возьмите) зонтик. 9) если мама. (не открытые) окна, наша комната. (не быть) полна комаров. 10) ник. (не быть) так устал сегодня утром, если он. (ложись спать) рано прошлой ночью. 4. Заполните каждое предложение одним из слов (фраз) ниже:1. Окружающая среда / окружающая среда1) у них много. Проблемы в их городе. 2) защитить. Сегодня наша главная задача. 2. Защиты / защиты / защиты1) Мы должны. Наша земля. 2) он носит. Одежда, как он пожарный. 3). Природы очень-то важную. 3. Загрязняющих / загрязненных / загрязнения1) воздух. Газами в городе. 2) люди. Земля выбрасывает мусор. 3) Что вы знаете об. Рек и морей?
Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form. 1. A: Did you enjoy the party last night? B: No, Id rather. (stay) at home. 2. A: Shall I dust the computer, Tom? B: Id rather you. (not/touch) it, actually. Ill do it myself. 3. A: Ive got a terrible cold. B: Youd better ………………. (not/go) to work today, then. 4. A: It was pouring with rain and I got soaking wet. В: Іt. (be better) if you … (not/leave) your umbrella at home. 5. A: I didnt enjoy Bens party. I’d rather he (invite) more people B: Oh! I enjoyed it. 6. A: You had better (study) hard this weekend for the exam on Monday. B: I will, but I would rather. (go out) with my friends. 7. A: My parents prefer. (spend) their holidays in the mountains. B: Do they? I like to be by the sea. 8. A: Wed better … (not / book) a taxi to bring us home tonight. B: Youre right. We might want to stay late. 9. A: Theyre organizing a party for Susans birthday. B: I know, but its a secret, so wed better (not/talk) about it in case she hears. 10. A: Id rather you (not/leave) your shoes in the kitchen every time you come home from school. B: Sorry, I keep forgetting. 11. A: I didnt enjoy my lunch. Id rather … (eat) something else. B: Ill make you some sandwiches tomorrow then. 12. A: Did you enjoy the film lastnight? B: Not really. I would rather we. (see) a comedy instead. 13. A: Shall we stay in tonight? B: Well, if you dont mind I would prefer …. (visit) my parents.
B: No, Id rather (have stayed) at home. B: Id rather you (did not touch) it, actually. Ill do it myself. B: Youd better (not go) to work today, then. В: Іt (would have been better) if you … (had not left) your umbrella at home. 5. A: I didnt enjoy Bens party. I’d rather he (had invited) more people 6. A: You had better (study) hard this weekend for the exam on Monday. B: I will, but I would rather (go out) with my friends. 7. A: My parents prefer. (to spend) their holidays in the mountains. 8. A: Wed better … (not book) a taxi to bring us home tonight. 9. A: Theyre organizing a party for Susans birthday. B: I know, but its a secret, so wed better (not talk) about it in case she hears. 10. A: Id rather you (did not leave) your shoes in the kitchen every time you come home from school. 11. A: I didnt enjoy my lunch. Id rather (eat) something else. B: Not really. I would rather we. (has seen) a comedy instead. B: Well, if you dont mind I would prefer …. (to visit) my parents.
Use the correct tense-form of the verbs in brackets. 1.They (to have) their English class in the morning yesterday, but normally they (to have) English classes in the afternoon. 2. The police (not to find) the criminal. 3. These two girls (not to reach) the bus stop in time if they (to walk) so slowly. 4. I already (to write) a letter to my friend. I think he (to get) in a few days. 5. There was little time left, but they (to drive) at the top speed and (to come) to the airport in time. 6. Peter already (to pack) these things when Kitty (to enter) the room. He (to pack) since morning.
1.They had their English class in the morning yesterday, but normally they have English classes in the afternoon. 2. The police dont find the criminal. 3. These two girls wouldnt reach the bus stop in time if they walked so slowly. 4. I have already wrote a letter to my friend. I think he will get in a few days. 5. There was little time left, but they have driven at the top speed and come to the airport in time. 6. Peter has already pack these things when Kitty entered the room. He has been packing since morning.
2. Put the verbs in brackets into the future perfect simple or the future perfect continuous 1. By 7.00 p.m. they.(play) cricket for eight hours. 2. I. (finish) painting your room by the time you get home. 3. By the end of next month I. (live) in London for exactly three years. 4. Tom. (write) his third novel by the end of this year. 5. By the time he arrives in London, John. (drive) for five hours. 6. This film. (probably / not finish) until midnight. 7. How long. (you/study) English by the end of this term?
1. By 7.00 p.m. they.WILL HAVE BEEN PLAYING.(play) cricket for eight hours. 2. I.WILL HAVE FINISHED. (finish) painting your room by the time you get home. 3. By the end of next month I.WILL HAVE BEEN LIVING. (live) in London for exactly three years. 4. Tom.WILL HAVE WRITTEN. (write) his third novel by the end of this year. 5. By the time he arrives in London, John.WILL HAVE BEEN DRIVING. (drive) for five hours. 6. This film.WONT PROBABLY.HAVE FINISHED. (probably / not finish) until midnight. 7. How long.WILL YOU.HAVE BEEN STUDYING. (you/study) English by the end of this term?
Put the verbs in brackets into the Future Indefinite tense or use BE GOING TO form. 1. Did you remember to book seats? – Oh no, I forgot. I (telephone) for them now. 2. The fire has gone out! – So it has. I (go) and get some sticks. 3. He has just been taken to hospital with a broken leg. – I’m sorry to hear that. I (send) him some grapes. 4. I’ve hired a typewriter and I (learn) to type. 5. I see that you have a loom. You (do) some weaving? 6. I can’t understand this letter. – I (call) my son. He (translate) it for you. 7. You (buy) meat? – No, I (not eat) meat any more. I (eat) vegetables. 8. You’ve bought a lot of paint. You (redecorate) your kitchen? 9. Look what I’ve just bought at an auction! – What an extraordinary thing! Where you (put) it? 10. Why are you peeling that bit of garlic? – I (put) it in the stew. 11. What you (do) when you grow up? – I (be) an acrobat in a circus. 12. This dress is too long. What you (do) with it? – I (shorten) the skirt. 13. That tree makes the house very dark. – Very well, I (cut) it down.
1. Will telephone 2. Will go 3. Will send 4. Am going to learn 5. Are you going to do 6. Will call, will translate (хотя возможно как-то по-другому) 7. Are you going to buy; I will not eat; Im going to eat (тут тоже мне кажется возможно несколько вариантов) 8. Are you going to redecorate 9. Where will you put it 10. I will put 11. What are you going to do; Im going to be 12. What are you going to do; I will shorten 13. Will cut Я руководствовалась тем, что going to обозначает конкретные планы, а will - это вот приспичило и сделал то, что вообще не собирался, например.
Mixed tenses: write the verbs in brackets in the correct form. 1. He (spend) last summer in the country. 2. What your brother (do) now? 3. He (not write) a composition by next Monday. 4. My sister (wash) the dishes every morning. 5. You (go) to the south next summer? 6. When I (ring) Mike up yesterday, he still (learn) a poem. 7. If you (not help) me, I (not do) this work by 5 oclock tomorrow. 8. Yesterday he (go) for a walk only when he (do) his homework. 9. I (not go) to the cinema tomorrow, I (watch) TV the whole evening. 10. When I came to the station, the train already (leave). 11. We (not grow) tomatoes next summer. 12. You ever (be) to Piccadilly Circus? 13. What you (buy) at the shop yesterday? 14. If it (not rain) tomorrow, we (not stay) at home. 15. When he (come) tomorrow, I still (do) my homework. 16. Look! My friends (play) football. 17. He (not read) Turgenev since he was a pupil. 18. You (write) this letter by the time she (come) tomorrow? 19. ‘Lena usually (do) her homework at school? ‘No, she _______. 20. What you (do) at 6 oclock yesterday?
1. He spent last summer in the country. 2. What are your brother doing now? 3. He doesnt write a composition by next Monday. 4. My sister washes the dishes every morning. 5. Do you go to the south next summer? 6. When I rang Mike up yesterday, he still learned a poem. 7. If you dont help me, I wont do this work by 5 oclock tomorrow. 8. Yesterday he went for a walk only he did his homework. 9. I wont go to the cinema tomorrow, Ill watch TV the whole evening. 10. When I came to the station, the train has already left. 11. We wont grow tomatoes next summer. 12. Do you ever be to Piccadily Circus? 13. What did you buy at the shop yesterday? 14. If it wont rain tomorrow, we dont stay at home. 15. When he will come tomorrow, I have still done my homework. 16. Look! My friend are playing football. 17. He hasnt read Turgenev since he was a pupil. 18. Do you write this letter by the time she will come tomorrow. 19. Does Lena usually do her homework at school? No, she isnt do it. 20. What did you do at 6 oclock yesterday?
Put The Verbs in brackets into the correct past tense. 1. He (gasp) in horror when she saw the giang mythical creatures 2. She (drive) along the country road, when a bear came out from the forest 3. Alex stayed at home yesterday evening, becaues he (not/finishing) his work 4. While Sophia (read) a book, her cousin (listen) to jazz 5. It Was the first time that I (ever/see) the pictures of the famous artists 6. My sister (paint) for six years before she sold her first painting
1. He (gasped) in horror when she saw the giang mythical creatures 2. She (was driving) along the country road, when a bear came out from the forest 3. Alex stayed at home yesterday evening, because he (had not been finishing) his work. 4. While Sophia (was reading) a book, her cousin (was listening) to jazz. 5. It was the first time that I (had ever seen) the pictures of the famous artists. 6. My sister (had been painting) for six years before she sold her first painting.
Ответе! Put the verbs in brackets into the Present Perfect or Past Simple. Leo ____________ just ____________ Linda these days. (not visit) I ____________ you for ages! (not see) He ________ (come) back to Paris yet? I ________ (not see) him since 1997. When you _______ (meet) your teacher last time? I ____________ a text message to my boyfriend every day since we met. (send). My brother _______ (not read) three books last week. She ________ (live) in Moscow last year. I __________ just (meet) our teacher. I __________ (not see) my friend for a long time. Put the verbs in brackets into the “Present Perfect or the Present Perfect Continuous”. Oh no! I … (lose) my wallet! Sally’s eyes are sore. She … (read) for hours. Alan is exhausted. He … (type) letters all morning. He was happy because he … (win) the race. Hurry up! You … (talk) on the phone for hours. Oh no! The bus … (just/leave). I’m tired. I … (work) since 8 o’clock. … (you/post) the letter yet? The boys are dirty. They … (play) in the garden all day. I don’t want to see that film again. I … (already/see) it twice. Put the words in brackets into the “Past Simple, Present Perfect, Present Perfect Continuous”. Why (you not go) _____________ to the party last night? Wheres my wallet? It was on the table. Somebody (take) _______________ it. What (happen) _____________ last week at your parents? We (know) ________ each other for a long time. Jim (play) __________ the piano since he was 10. (you see) _____________ your brother recently? I (learn) _______________ English for seven years now. I (begin) ______________ to read the texts in my English textbooks last week. We (not / plan) ______________ our holiday yet. She (not/see) ______________ him for a long time.
Hasnt just visited havent been seeing hasnt came havent seen him met have been sending didnt read lived have just met havent seen Next exercise-> I have lost has been reading for hours has typed letters has won You have been talking on the phone for hours The bus has just lived I have been working Hasnt you posted have been playing have already seen it twice Next exercise-> didnt you go has taken hapenned have been known have been playing/played Have you seen your brother recently? have been learning began
havent planned hasnt been seeing him for a long time.